[SAVE THE DATE] 8th EGO Meeting and International Glider Workshop, Week of May 20th 2019, Rutgers University
Dear Glider Community Members,
We are pleased to announce an upcoming event: the 8th EGO Meeting and International Glider Workshop scheduled for the week of May 20th, 2019 at Rutgers University, New Jersey. Official event handout attached. The goal of this workshop will be to strengthen international collaboration, exchange information, share experiences, promote dialogue, and develop best practices. This meeting will be 3-4 days and offer a mix of presentations, panels, breakout groups, poster sessions, and open community dialog.
The planned topic areas for the workshop include:
- Harmonizing glider efforts: International data management, leveraging partnerships,
- Documenting best practices, and international collaboration
- Promoting new developments: Sensors, emerging requirements, novel glider applications.
- Exploring extreme environments: Sea ice, currents, severe weather conditions
- Refining operational activities: Reliability, sampling strategies, sustained monitoring
- Preparing for OceanObs’19: Strategy for the next decade of regional, national, and global ocean observing using glider technologies